Pro Bono Legal Consultation - horak Lawyers, Germany
As lawyers / patent attorneys, we are obligated to provide legal services in order to ensure a certain public welfare. This is why we use part of our labor force in the case of ecclesiastical, generally charitable or non-profit projects. Thus, the Latin term "pro bono publico" (often abbreviated as "pro bono") means "for the good of the public". Pro Bono legal advice is used to describe free professional activity at the service of the community.
The social responsibility of our attorneys therefore leads us to provide legal advice in appropriate cases, which promotes a good purpose.
Pro Bono Legal Advice for Non-Profit Organizations
We provide our Pro Bono legal advice for the following clients:
- Non-Profit Organizations for legal consultations in the areas of education and science, health, environment, art and culture, human rights, and fundamental rights;
- General sports and cultural facilities (even without explicit non-profit circumstances, from a tax-legal point of view).
Legal advice for free
For our Pro Bono legal advice, we usually do not charge legal fees or we strongly reduce the final attorney fees (about 10- 15 % of our usual fee), as long as/and to the extent permitted by law.
Pro Bono legal advice is not legally defined and is, for example, not mentioned in the Lawyers' Compensation Law (RVG). Accordingly, we agree to a Pro Bono legal consultation only on a case-by-case basis. This allows us to make our expertise available to a good cause.
Content of a Pro Bono Legal Consultation
For many years now, the lawyers of our law firm and all employees have been working for charitable purposes. Horak Lawyers support this activity and provide resources and legal know-how for Pro Bono consultations.
Our lawyers and employees support “Pro Bono” in different ways their legal and fiscal know-how.
This includes the following activities:
- Pro Bono lectures and seminars for non-profit organizations and charitable institutions;
- Pro Bono lectures on specific topics for universities, colleges and other educational institutions;
- Pro Bono legal advice;
- Promoting personal engagement in non-profit organization and charitable institution;
- Promotion of science and research;
- Voluntary activities in associations and federations;
- And so much more.