Transport Law and Shipping Law
Transport Law comprises the following areas: Land Freight Law, Air Freight Law, Railway Freight Law and Inland Waterway Transport, Inland Shipping, Shipping Law, Warehousing and Logistics Law and Maritime Trade Law. Also included are Customs Law, Insurance Law and International Private Law:
- Law of national and international road-transport, including the law of general terms and conditions of transports and transportation insurances;
- Law of national and international transport on water, air and rail;
- Right of multimodal transport;
- Law of transport of dangerous goods, including criminal and administrative fine;
- Forwarding Insurance Law;
- International Private Law;
- Customs and customs clearance in cross-border traffic and traffic taxes.
Claim Settlement in Transport Law
As far as concerned the above-mentioned legal framework, general accidents and insurance law, as well as drafting of contracts constitute le practical focus. The plethora of daily moving goods almost always results in losses. Due to the deadline and form requirements contained in Transport Law, Shipping Law and Storage Law, it is particularly important to consult a lawyer at an early stage.
The legislation on Transport regulates all those legal matters that concerned the transport of goods or persons and a large number of applicable legal provisions of various kinds (laws: UGB, EKHG, ABGB; international agreements: CMR (road freight transport), WA, MÜ (air transport), ADR – transport of dangerous goods, or other regulations which have become legally binding ADSp, AGG u.v.m.).
Probably the most important legal matters are the Laws on Freight (who are responsible for the carriage of goods), and the Shipping Law (freight forwarders, who are responsible for organizing the transport of goods). We support you in the development and verification of logistics and forwarding contracts as well as in negotiations contracts. In case of legal disputes, we will represent you also in court. Furthermore, we take over claim settlements including recourses; your success is important to us, also in administrative offenses, which relate to the area of transport and shipping law, in a widest sense.
Our services, Transport Law and Shipping Law:
- Laws on freight of different transport modes (road, rail, water, see, inland waters and air);
- Enforcement of freight wages, transportation charges and storage fees;
- Shipping Law
- Handling of transport damages for insurers, freight forwarders and freight carriers in national and international freight transport on road, rail, water or air;
- Transport insurance problems;
- Efficient collection of receivables for transport companies;
- Warehouse and logistics law
- Design of logistics contracts;
- Transportation damages,
- Consultations for insurers, hauliers and freight forwarders in case of handling transport damage
- Insurance Law and Transport Insurance Law;
- Management of recourse;
- Penalty rights and defence from penalty fees;
- Relocation rights;
- Authorization of GüKG;
- Securing the claims within the short statutory periods;
- Cross-border road transport (CMR)
- Container Transport Laws;
- Start-up consultancy for middle-sized transport companies;
- General Insurance Law, Transport Law, Commercial Tenancy Law;
- Damage regulation in transport law.