Mail order law
The mail order legislation comprises the legal framework of mail order businesses; although the focus is nowadays no longer on the classic mail-order trade through a paper-catalogue. The modern mail order legislation, in fact, is shaped by the online mail order platform operators, mail-order companies and customers.
The shipping business platform operators (such as Amazon, Zalando, eBay, Etsy, Otto, Dawanda, Schwab, Baur, etc.), which offer different goods and services to other particular distributors (such as Losar, Pearl, Internetapotheken etc.), always need to consider the new legal and official regulations. This also applies to the businesses that are themselves mail order companies.
In the mail order legislation, the traditional mail order business, internet mail order business as well as product-specific special arrangements have to be carefully considered.
Accordingly, we are comprehensively involved in the above-mentioned legal area in the following topics:
- General Shipping Rights;
- GTC-Law, examination and design of mail order business terms;
- Information requirements on mail-order law and product-specific information requirements;
- Advising and representing intellectual property/intellectual property rights relating to the law of mail order (trademark law, patent law, utility model law, design law, copyright, and competition law);
- Withdrawal or return rights as well as possibilities for exclusion of revocation/restitution or restriction in mail order/distance sales;
- Shop/platform testing and design; strategic advice on online mail order;
- Price quotation law;
- Examination, implementation and defence from warning letters, and interim injunctions in the mail-order business;
- Distribution Law/Commercial Law (With licence rights, franchising, joint venture, MLM and other forms of direct marketing);
We represent you in all out-of-court-issues relating to mail order law, in Germany and Europe, and before all the competent authorities. We have a specific advisory network of expert companies so that we can also quickly and comprehensively clarify product-specific questions individually.