All the legal regulations that regard the succession of properties, after the death of a person, are regulated by inheritance law. Each person has the right to inherit. Only the beneficiaries have the right to inherit. The company succession concerns either corporate law issues of succession (in certain cases) or its part of the classic law of inheritance because the entrepreneur dies and the company or part of it, belongs to the inheritance.
Succession law regulated all those issues concerning the inheritance, the testament, the legacy and the legitimate portion. It also deals with the disinheritance and the inheritance taxes as well as with the notaries ‘costs, lawyers or tribunal court. Personal circumstances, legal, economic as well as fiscal matters are objects of inheritance law. In case of inheritance, all the properties shall be passed on to the next generation. This must be planned carefully and in a long term.
We create contracts and legal statements such as will, marriages and inheritance contracts, company succession regulations, donation statements and all possible forms of anticipated succession. We take account of all those aspects regarding the legal and taxation law perspectives in view of increasing state value due to the inheritance.
If the testator has not written a will, the hereditary succession will be applied. This is regulated by the law, which states that the bequeathed will leave all the properties to the closest member of the family (such as children and grandchildren that will come before nephews or nieces in the succession line). A possible spouse will be considered by the law in the inheritance process.
There is no inheritance without heirs; in German Law, when a person dies without leaving a will, the succession shall be by inheritance. If the heritance regards a family without children, the first successor will be the spouse; in this case, no will is necessary. This latter is instead really important, if the testator has other ambitions for his/her properties.
In these following cases, the succession will depend on a will or a contract of inheritance:
- The process of succession should deviate from the legal succession;
- There is more than an only legal heir to be consider;
- The transfer of assets has been influenced by social, economic or taxation reasons;
- Possible changes in the inheritance structure should be considered.
- Further information regarding the law of succession are on the website: http://erbrechthannover.com
Other topics and services:
- Lawyers: Law of Succession Hannover
- Inheritance tax
- Inheritance or acceptance
- Estate management
- Intellectual Property Attorney
- Legal advice and legal protection
- Contractual design and research
- Comprehensive advice on inheritance law
- Succession agreement
- Contract of inheritance
- Testament, will
- Proof of inheritance.