IT-Law, Law of information technology
"IT law" summarizes all the peculiarities of information technology. IT law focuses in particular on the legal issues regarding software and hardware, the media, competition and the internet. The individual legal areas often intersect one another. We offer our clients a IT-branch-specific, comprehensive legal consultation in all of the resulting legal matters:
IT law (for example project contracts, software / hardware distribution, licensing agreement, maintenance contracts, obligations, warranty and liability).
Internet / online law (for example defense against warnings, information requirements, data protection law, data protection law, industrial property rights).
Media law (for example, multi-media contracts, rights of expression, image rights)
Competition law (for example, warning of competitors, advertising rights).
Why are we operative in IT / TC law?
We are familiar with the IT industry thanks to our practical experience with our clients and due to the special training and further education of our lawyers. Our lawyer Mr. Michael Horak studied electrical engineering with a corresponding focus in the fields of information technology; technical terms and sector´s interrelation are also within our competence. We can develop quickly and accurately what it is important for you.
Which services do we offer?
The entire area of information technology and telecommunication rights, including processing of messages, software and hardware technology and networks constitute our specialization. This includes in particular:
- Project and company´s consultation in all regarding legal areas
- Structuring of examination of contracts
- Contract´s implementation
- Defense against claims from third parties
- Authorization and approval proceedings
- Domain Name Dispute Resolution such as general Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Settlement and arbitration procedures
- Legal protection and enterprise value protection
Within the framework of the aforementioned overview, we cover the following areas in the field of IT-law:
General IT law
- Structuring/negotiation of internet contracts (software contracts, website creation agreements, maintenance agreements, support contracts, system contracts, licencing agreements, alternative licence models, project contracts, sales contracts, etc.) ;
- Software transfer over the internet;
- App-related contracts;
- Data protection agreements;
- Creation of the GTC (also EVB-IT) ;
- Provider contracts (access, hosting, housing, ASP) ;
- Service Level Agreements;
- Warranty rights;
- Internet contractual law.
Copyright and media, trademark and competition law:
- Open Source Software;
- Internet contents in websites, web-shops, eBay stores;
- File-sharing, P2P, downloads of music and films;
- Data bases;
- Advertising Law.
International Internet law:
- International internet law;
- International project law;
- International protection law;
- International purchase right;
- Arbitration proceedings (zB ICC) ;
- General international law.
Internet legal examination of websites:
- Cancellation policy;
- Protection of data;
- Youth protection;
- Admissibility of advertising;
Media law and press law on the Internet
- Telecommunications law;
- Internet telephony, VoIP;
- Radio / TV streaming;
- Sound / music / picture rights;
- Online press rights.
Internet-specific criminal law
- Data claw;
- Competition law;
- Protection of minors;
- Violations of rights;
- Border fitting;
- Production of piracy.
Please see also German IT Law