Event Law in Germany
An “event” or an “entertainment event” is a form of leisure and, for a successful result, has to be fairly regulated by the legislation on events; we advise and represent concert and tour organizers, concert promoters, artist managers, event agencies, artists, entertainers, tour operators, event venues, security companies, individuals and media companies in the event law. This also includes the following topics:
- Artists’ social security contributions of agencies, guest performances and concert directories;
- Fee disputes with the GEMA, the GVL and other collecting societies;
- Contract design for event organizer and participants;
- Official permits for performances of foreign artists in Germany;
- VAT exempt pursuant to Art. §4 No.20 a) and b) UStG, application of the regular and reduced rate of sales tax, taxability for cross-border services, limited tax liability;
- Labour law issues related to event law;
- Trademark Law, trademark protection and competition law issues within the framework of the event legislation;
- Copyright issues;
- Customer protection and conceptual protection in the agency business;
- Liability of event organizers
What should you consider if you decide to organize an event?
For the realization of even small events, a contract bundle is necessary; medium and large events require a variety of legal conditions and at every live-event – a prompt response to unpredictability is fundamental for legally matters.
We not only support you in all legal questions before an event; we will also be present at your event, ready to solve unforeseeable problems immediately. All our attorneys, experts in copyright and media law are also English-speakers, so that the communication is always ensured in international event legal matters. We will offer our representation and support also after the conclusion of the event.