Distribution Law - Sales and distribution contracts
The Distribution Law plays an important role in the German and European distribution of goods and services. Export matters as well as the importation of goods – especially from third countries such as China, India, Turkey, Indonesia and the USA- also belong to the export business. The contractual arrangement of the sales agreements is legally considered of great importance; as far as concerned business contracts, it is really common to get to a further legal examination years after the first agreement of the contract, for varying reasons, such as the unilateral early termination of the distribution contract.
Following legal services we can offer you in Distribution Law matters:
- Planning, drafting, examination and optimization of sales contracts and systems:
- General Terms and Conditions;
- Purchase and delivery conditions;
- Import and export supply contracts;
- Safety agreements;
- Services contracts;
- Special distribution systems (closed distribution systems, MLM distribution, eBay, Amazon, etc.)
- Examination of all contractual and extra contractual claims (i.e. claims for omission, claims for compensation, equalization claims pursuant § 89b HGB, information on claims, antitrust law claims, claims for damages);
- Enforcement of rights in breach of contracts or law:
- Process management in and out of Germany;
- Representation in international arbitration proceedings;
- Enforcement in and out of Germany.
- Support and consultancy at all stages of your contractual negotiations;
- Defences against unauthorized claims;
- Tactical advice and representation.