Civil Law (Private Law)
The three major areas of law are well defined: Civil Law/Private Law, Public Law and Penal/Criminal Law. Civil Law or Private Law covers the entire “private” action of the so-called legal entities; civil law could apply also to public law subjects –for instance when purchasing furniture. - The civilian character of the action is therefore primary.
Civil law, administrative law and criminal law can also apply simultaneously in the contest of a life situation. If, for example, an agreement prohibited from the antitrust law, solves civil-law claims of the competitors, the administrative law of the antitrust authorities and possibly also criminal claims.
General Civil Law and Civil Procedure Law
All of our attorneys (except for our certified Patent Attorneys) have a wide experience and knowledge in the entire spectrum of civil law.
Typical Civil Law topics are for example:
- General civil law;
- Law relating to the use of a name;
- Association law, corporate law;
- Contract creation and contract examination/contract enforcement, defence from civil claims;
- General and more particulars laws of obligation;
- Property Law (movable property, real estate, land law);
- Laws on enrichment;
- Unauthorized acts/ right of damages/compensation law;
- Family Law
- Inheritance Law
In addition to the numerous legal matters arising from the general civil law, particular topics relating to special law also belong to private law.