Agricultural Law, horak Lawyers, Germany
The agricultural and farming legislations involve, apart from a bundle of European statutory requirements, a variety of individual areas of law that are connected with farming law. In our law firm, we are experts in company successions cases related to agricultural matters; additionally, we manage special provisions in the agricultural production and the subsequently distribution. Other legal areas are connected with agricultural law: forestry legislation, plant variety rights, legislation on the marketing of seeds and plant propagation materials, wine law, hunting rights, fisheries legislations, particular legal areas of animal rights, environmental law or tax law.
Unfortunately, we are not able to talk about a cohesive “Agricultural Act” that combine all the substantial agricultural legislation´s topics. It includes a bundle of legal regulations that have a notable importance for any agricultural business.
Following, a list of the most important topics and regulations regarding agricultural law:
- Rental law (countryside)
- Hunting rights
- Animal rights, in particular horses´ rights, veterinaries liability, animal owners’ responsibility, animal purchasing law, animal protection law, animal breeding law
- Product liability law
- Foodstuff legislation
- Law of succession and family rights
- Fertilizers law
- Marketing of seeds legislation
- Plant variety rights
- Agricultural construction rights
- Environmental law
- Conservation law
- Pest control law
- Approval procedures
- Wine law, wine registration regulation
- Forest Law
- Fischeries Legislations
- Agricultural Tax Legislation
- Agricultural cartel law
- Agricultural specific penal and administrative offences regulations.
Agricultural Law Purposes
Agrarian law is used primarily to protect agricultural companies and the quality of agricultural products. The legislator has standardized for agricultural law such a wide number of special regulations that no other industry with many small and medium-sized enterprises has.
Agricultural legislation issues
Here you will find some typical issues that the agricultural legislation can solve.
- Does your company still have the appropriate legal form for the current and future development?
- In case of a foundation of an agricultural company, or a cooperation, what should the appropriate contract look like?
- In buying / leasing / selling / renting a farm, when should we need to pay more attention?
- In case you want to approach renewable and sustainable energies, using solar systems, wind power or biogas implants for instance, what is it important to consider?
- When should we pay particular attention on inheritance and family legal possible issues?
- What is to be considered when agricultural property is claimed by the public administration (such as, for example, road workers, land consolidation, energy suppliers, telecommunications companies, etc.)?
- How can the loss of subsidies or rights be rejected?
Individual´s legal questions:
- How can a plant variety be protected and what does it cost?
- When are seeds ready for transportation?
- Which are the regulations that establish wine bottle label´s design and which are the related mandatory information that you need to know?
- Who is going to inherit the farm and at which conditions?
- How will I receive EU subsidies for my business in the long run?