How can you speed up the registration process?
The duration of the processing of a trademark application is substantially influenced by the fact that registration fees are paid in the near future and formal aspects are taken into account. Please refer to the following notes:
- Use of the electronic application platforms: this kind of applications generally regard a stardard classification database only for terms of goods and services, which are always permissible and you also should avoid an elaborate and lengthy clarification of the terms of the list of goods and services.
- Use the terms of the uniform classification database or the ClassScopes to create the list of goods and services in your application: if a uniform classification databased is used, the goods and services will be automatically examined through the application and no further clarification will be necessary. The use of ClassScopes ensures you maximum protection. The lower number of terms speed up the entry and also a possible objection proceeding.
- Pay your fees as soon as possible, directly through SEPA or per bank transfer; enter the file reference number completely with the check digits and the fee number.
- Insert full details of the applicant in the application form. Enter the whole name and the commercial register name. In the case of more than one applicant, the full address shall be provided for each applicant. If the applicant is a civil company, please also name the authorized representative and address.
- Submission of the brand presentation.
- Enter only one presentation for each application.
- For a coloured trademark, make sure to specify colours with the usual name (red, green, white etc.).
- Give the correct word and image components.
- Ensure good quality of the submitted trademark presentation and the correct size of the picture (§ 8 MarkenVO): no smaller than 8 cm x 8 cm and not larger than 26,2 cm x 17 cm.